LOS ANGELES — The Los Angeles Kings have won the 2014 Stanley Cup Championship, defeating the New York Rangers, 3-2 in double overtime on Friday night at Staples Center in Los Angeles, taking the series in five games.
With 17 interviews from the on-ice celebration, Frozen Royalty will have several stories coming later today and on Sunday. But for now, here’s something many Kings fans are anxiously awaiting…
As most Kings fans know, Hall of Fame play-by-play announcer Bob Miller and color commentator Jim Fox were sidelined after the first round of the playoffs due to NBC’s exclusive rights to televise games from the second round on.
Although Miller and Fox were seen during pre-game and post-game shows, that is certainly not the same as hearing them on game telecasts. But like they did for the potential deciding games of the 2012 Stanley Cup Final, Miller and Fox recorded their call of Friday’s Game 5 for later distribution.
If things go the same way that they did in 2012, that recording won’t be available until later this summer. But you can hear what Miller said just after defenseman Alec Martinez scored in double overtime to win the game and the 2014 Stanley Cup right here by clicking on the arrow below.
- While Out Of The Lineup, LA Kings Robyn Regher Remained A Team Guy Throughout The 2014 Stanley Cup Final
- LA Kings Justin Williams Emerged As Clear-Cut Choice For Conn Smythe Trophy
- Frozen Royalty Photographer David Sheehan’s Work Featured on NHL Network During 2014 Stanley Cup Final
- View From The Ice After LA Kings Win 2014 Stanley Cup Championship – Photos
- LA Kings Do More Than Celebrate During 2014 Stanley Cup Parade/Rally
- LA Kings 2014 Stanley Cup Championship Parade and Rally – In Photos
- Dustin Brown’s Work On The Ice and Off During 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs Proves His Worth As LA Kings Captain
- Like His Players, LA Kings GM Dean Lombardi Deflects Credit For 2014 Stanley Cup Championship
- Fans Appreciate LA Kings Winning The Stanley Cup More The Second Time Around
- Couple Travels 5,300 Miles To Witness and Celebrate LA Kings’ 2014 Stanley Cup Championship
- Bob Miller Talks About LA Kings Second Stanley Cup Win and His Future
- Even In A Crowd Of More Than 300,000, LA Kings Fan Greg Akahoshi’s Energy, Enthusiasm and Loyalty Stand Out
Frozen Royalty by Gann Matsuda is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License. You may copy, distribute and/or transmit any story or audio content published on this site under the terms of this license, but only if proper attribution is indicated. The full name of the author and a link back to the original article on this site are required. Photographs, graphic images, and other content not specified are subject to additional restrictions. Additional information is available at: Frozen Royalty – Licensing and Copyright Information.