LOS ANGELES — Dustin Penner, Dustin Brown, Slava Voynov and Jake Muzzin scored goals to lead the Los Angeles Kings to a 5-2 victory over the Anaheim Ducks in front of a sell-out crowd of 18,118 fans at Staples Center in Los Angeles on Monday night.
Jeff Carter added an empty-net goal for the Kings, giving him his team-leading tenth goal of the season.
Anaheim netminder Viktor Fasth stopped twenty shots in his first loss in nine starts. Jonathan Quick made 24 saves to earn the victory for the Kings.
Be sure to check out the video interviews below with Penner, Kings defenseman Drew Doughty, and head coach Darryl Sutter. Some of the footage is not available on Kings Vision, so if you only go there for video interviews, you’ll be missing out.
- The Kings extended their season-long win streak to four games (outscoring opponents 15-5).
- The Kings have now won six of their last seven games (outscoring opponents 23-10).
- The Kings have now won the last four meetings vs. Anaheim at Staples Center.
- Anze Kopitar earned three assists tonight. His career high is four (December 6, 2007 vs. Buffalo). He now has points in three straight games, on a goal and five assists for six points in that span.
- Brown has goals in three straight games (three goals with one assist in that span).
- Brown and Jarret Stoll both earned their 200th career assist in this game.
- Carter extended his goal streak to four games. He has also scored six goals in the last seven games.
- Voynov earned his second game-winning goal of the season. He now has nine points in the last 13 games, on three goals and six assists.
- Rob Scuderi has earned a +2 plus/minus rating in four straight games.
- Mike Richards has assists in three straight games. The Kings are now 29-5-9 when he records a point, dating back to last season.
- Penner scored his first goal of the season. His last goal was the overtime game-winner in Game 5 of the 2012 Western Conference Final at Phoenix.
Frozen Royalty Video via YouTube – Interviews From Anaheim Ducks vs. Los Angeles Kings, February 25, 2013
©2013 FrozenRoyalty.net. All rights reserved.
Game Highlights From KingsVision: Anaheim Ducks vs. Los Angeles Kings, February 25, 2013, Staples Center, Los Angeles, California
Frozen Royalty by Gann Matsuda is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License. You may copy, distribute and/or transmit any story or audio content published on this site under the terms of this license, but only if proper attribution is indicated. The full name of the author and a link back to the original article on this site are required. Photographs, graphic images, and other content not specified are subject to additional restrictions. Additional information is available at: Frozen Royalty – Licensing and Copyright Information.