What’s It Going To Take For The LA Kings To Make The Playoffs By The Numbers, April 6, 2015
April 6, 2015 Leave a comment
Here’s the latest numbers and projections for the teams still battling for a playoff berth in the West:
- With the win over the Kings, the Vancouver Canucks now have 97 points, and are on pace to finish the season with 99.
- The Winnipeg Jets defeated the Minnesota Wild, 2-0, in St. Paul on April 6, to move ahead of the Kings for a wild card berth. The Jets have 94 points, and are on pace to finish with 97 .
- The Wild have 96 points and are on pace to finish with 99.
- With the Jets beating the Wild, both the San Jose Sharks and Dallas Stars were eliminated from playoff contention.
- The Calgary Flames were idle. They have 93 points and are on pace for 96.
- The Kings are now 39-25-15, good for 93 points. They are on pace to finish the season with 96.
For the Kings to pass Calgary for third place in the Pacific Division, they are projected to need a 2-1 record in their remaining three games to reach 97 points.
Frozen Royalty by Gann Matsuda is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License. You may copy, distribute and/or transmit any story or audio content published on this site under the terms of this license, but only if proper attribution is indicated. The full name of the author and a link back to the original article on this site are required. Photographs, graphic images, and other content not specified are subject to additional restrictions. Additional information is available at: Frozen Royalty – Licensing and Copyright Information.