What’s It Going To Take For The LA Kings To Make The Playoffs By The Numbers: March 30, 2015 Edition
March 30, 2015 Leave a comment
With the loss, the Kings ended their five-game road trip with a decent 3-2 record.
Here’s the latest, from a numbers point of view:
- After their 4-1 win over St. Louis, Vancouver is projected to finish with 99 points
- Calgary is now projected to finish with 97 points after their 5-3 win at Dallas.
- Minnesota was idle. They are projected to finish the season with 103 points.
- Winnipeg was idle. They are projected to finish with 97 points.
- Colorado and San Jose were idle. They are projected to finish with 90 points.
- After losing to Calgary, Dallas is projected to finish with 89 points.
To finish in third place in the Pacific Division ahead of the Flames, the Kings are projected to need 98 points. That means they’ll need a 5-1-0 (or the equivalent) record in their remaining six games.
To earn a wild card spot ahead of the Jets, the Kings are projected to need 97 points (4-1-1 the rest of the way).
The Kings hold the tiebreaker against the Jets.
Frozen Royalty by Gann Matsuda is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License. You may copy, distribute and/or transmit any story or audio content published on this site under the terms of this license, but only if proper attribution is indicated. The full name of the author and a link back to the original article on this site are required. Photographs, graphic images, and other content not specified are subject to additional restrictions. Additional information is available at: Frozen Royalty – Licensing and Copyright Information.