What’s It Going To Take For The LA Kings To Make The Playoffs By The Numbers: March 28, 2015 Edition
March 28, 2015 Leave a comment
LOS ANGELES — A poor first period and stellar play by goaltender Devyn Dubnyk proved too much for the Los Angeles Kings to overcome, and they dropped a 4-1 decision to the white-hot Minnesota Wild in St. Paul, Minnesota on March 28.
The Kings, who are now 3-1 on their current five-game road trip, conclude the trip in Chicago on March 30.
With the loss, the Kings remain at 88 points for the season, and are now projected to end the season with 96 points.
The win over the Kings gives the Wild 95 points, and has them projected to finish with 103 points.
Here’s a look at the rest of the playoff hopefuls in the Western Conference:
- Vancouver lost in overtime in Dallas, and are now projected to end the season with 99 points.
- Dallas is now projected to finish with 92 points
- San Jose won in a shootout in Philadelphia, giving them 82 points. They are now projected to finish with 90 points.
- Colorado defeated Buffalo, and are now projected to finish with 90 points.
- Winnipeg was idle. They are projected to finish with 98 points.
- Calgary was idle. They are projected to finish with 95 points.
With seven games remaining on their schedule, the Kings are projected to need to finish with 96 points to win third place in the Pacific Division ahead of Calgary. To do that, they will need a 4-3-0 record the rest of the way.
For a wild card spot, the Kings are projected to need 98 points (5-2-0 the rest of the way), which would tie them in points with Winnipeg.
The Kings hold the tiebreaker in the standings against the Jets.
Frozen Royalty by Gann Matsuda is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License. You may copy, distribute and/or transmit any story or audio content published on this site under the terms of this license, but only if proper attribution is indicated. The full name of the author and a link back to the original article on this site are required. Photographs, graphic images, and other content not specified are subject to additional restrictions. Additional information is available at: Frozen Royalty – Licensing and Copyright Information.