Win Tickets To See “Voice of the King: The Bob Miller Story” With An Appearance By Miller
December 3, 2014 5 Comments
LOS ANGELES — Just a couple of days away from the premiere of filmmaker Charlie Minn’s new documentary on the career of the legendary Voice of the Kings, Bob Miller, Frozen Royalty is pleased to be able to offer readers a chance to win FOUR tickets to see the movie, Voice of the King: The Bob Miller Story, at the Regal Cinemas L.A. Live (across the street from Staples Center), on Saturday, December 6, 2014, at 5:00 PM.
The movie follows the Philadelphia Flyers/Kings game, starting at 1:00 PM, at Staples Center.
And there’s more…
If that date/time doesn’t fit your schedule, you might just want to clear your schedule because, in addition to getting to see the movie for free, the star of the film himself, Bob Miller, will host a question and answer session after that showing of the film. You won’t want to miss that!
For Facebook Users ONLY
1) Correctly answer the following question:
At first, Miller told filmmaker Charlie Minn that he didn’t want to do the film. But just before the Kings won the 2014 Stanley Cup, he finally agreed to do it. But Minn’s documentaries, all in the “true crime” genre, are a far cry from a film about a play-by-play announcer.
Noting the vast difference between Voice of the King and Minn’s other films, what did Miller tell Minn about that?
Submit your answer by leaving it as a comment below. Be sure to use your full name and a real e-mail address (if you’d like me to be able to connect with you if you win, which would probably be a good thing). Also provide the URL to your Facebook profile in your comment.
2) You must already “Like” the Frozen Royalty page on Facebook, or you must do so PRIOR to the contest deadline (see below). Frozen Royalty’s page on Facebook can be found at:
Answers must be posted below, NOT on Facebook, and you must provide the URL of the story from this web site where you found the answer.
3) Recommend Frozen Royalty’s Facebook page on your Facebook profile PRIOR to the contest deadline (see below).
For Twitter Users ONLY
1) Correctly answer the following question:
As Miller has said numerous times, former Los Angeles Lakers Hall of Fame play-by-play announcer, the late Chick Hearn hired him to become the Kings play-by-play announcer in 1973. Later in his career, Miller would have a hand in hiring someone. Name that person.
Submit your answer by leaving it as a comment below. Be sure to use your full name and a real e-mail address (if you’d like me to be able to connect with you if you win, which would probably be a good thing). Also provide your Twitter account name in your comment.
Answers must be posted below, NOT on Twitter, and you must provide the URL of the story from this web site where you found the answer.
2) You must already follow @frozenroyalty, or you must do so PRIOR to the contest deadline (see below).
3) Post a tweet (must be from an account that does not protect its tweets) recommending to others that they follow @frozenroyalty PRIOR to the contest deadline (see below).
The hash tags #LAKings and #VoiceOfTheKingsGiveaway must be included in any tweet.
- The deadline for submissions is 12:00 PM Pacific time on Friday, December 5, 2014. All submissions with correct answers will be placed into a pool from which a winner will be randomly selected.
- Entries are limited to one entry each, per person, on Facebook and Twitter. In other words, you can enter once on both social media platforms.
- All submissions will be held (not published immediately) until the end of the contest.
- Winners will be notified by e-mail, and will be announced on Frozen Royalty’s Facebook page and on Twitter.
- Those affiliated with the Los Angeles Kings, members of the broadcast or print media, any web site that covers the Kings, or any related web site, are not eligible.
HOW TO GET BONUS ENTRIES – INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING!
- For Twitter users: For each tweet that mentions @frozenroyalty, either by recommending that others follow @frozenroyalty, or by tweeting a particular story on this web site (the tweet must also mention @frozenroyalty), entrants will receive one bonus entry in the contest.
- The hash tags #LAKings and #VoiceOfTheKingsGiveaway must be included in any tweet.
- Tweets posted by accounts that are protected/private are not eligible (can’t verify the tweets).
- Scheduled/automated tweets will not be accepted for bonus entries.
- Facebook users can also earn a bonus entry for each time they recommend Frozen Royalty’s Facebook page, https://www.facebook.com/FrozenRoyalty, to their friends (by posting on their own Facebook wall or on LA Kings-related pages or groups), or by sharing links to stories on this web site.
- The hash tag #VoiceOfTheKingsGiveaway must be included in each post.
- Facebook posts will be verified. Any post that cannot be verified will not be eligible for a bonus entry.
Frozen Royalty by Gann Matsuda is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License. You may copy, distribute and/or transmit any story or audio content published on this site under the terms of this license, but only if proper attribution is indicated. The full name of the author and a link back to the original article on this site are required. Photographs, graphic images, and other content not specified are subject to additional restrictions. Additional information is available at: Frozen Royalty – Licensing and Copyright Information.