EL SEGUNDO, CA — The Los Angeles Kings had an off-day on May 9, with none of the players skating during what was scheduled to be a noon PDT practice. Instead, players had meetings and got treatments for whatever ails them, and a few took time to speak to the media, who were huddled together in a small locker room near the Olympic-sized ice rink at the Toyota Sports Center in El Segundo, California, their practice facility.
Center Anze Kopitar, left wing Dustin Penner, winger and team captain Dustin Brown, and head coach Darryl Sutter all spoke to the media.
The full interviews for Kopitar, Penner and Sutter are available only from FrozenRoyaltyNHL on YouTube (contains bonus footage).
Scroll down for the video interviews.
Win A Free, Autographed Copy of Bob Miller’s New Book
In case you missed it, Kings’ Hall of Fame play-by-play announcer Bob Miller, the 40-year Voice of the Kings, has a new book out, Tales From The Los Angeles Kings Locker Room. You can win a free, autographed copy, but you’ll have to do a little homework to enter the contest. Here’s what you need to do:
Answer the following questions correctly, and provide the URL from this web site where you found the answer:
Miller became a media honoree in the Hockey Hall of Fame (HHOF) in 2000, when he received the Foster Hewitt Memorial Award, recognizing those members of the radio and television industry who made outstanding contributions to their profession and the game during their career in hockey broadcasting. But being honored by the HHOF has not prevented Miller from openly criticizing the HHOF. Briefly describe Miller’s criticism.
Like everyone else, Miller lamented the work stoppage that plagued the NHL, resulting in the shortened regular season this year. But he also offered a way to resolve it. What was his solution?
- Contest entries must correctly answer each of the questions above, and provide the URL from a story on this web site where the answer was found.
- All entries must include the entrant’s full name and a valid e-mail address (if you win, and you’re not reachable, another winner will be selected).
- Entries will be accepted until noon Pacific Daylight Time on May 13, 2013. Entries submitted after that time will not be accepted.
- All answers must be posted as a comment on this story, or the original story, (linked here) on Frozen Royalty. Answers posted anywhere else, or submitted via e-mail, will not be accepted.
- All answers will be held (not published) until the end of the contest.
- If the selected winner cannot be reached within 48 hours, another winner will be selected. The process will continue until a winner can be reached.
- The winner will be randomly selected from those entries that meet all the requirements listed above.
- One entry per person/household.
- United States residents only (apologies to my international readers).
- Winners will be notified by e-mail, and will be announced on this web site, on Twitter, and Frozen Royalty’s Facebook page.
- Those affiliated with the Los Angeles Kings, members of the broadcast or print media, any web site that covers the Kings and/or the NHL, or any related web site, are not eligible.
Increase Your Chances of Winning By Helping Promote Frozen Royalty on Twitter and/or Facebook!
- For Twitter users: For each tweet that mentions @frozenroyalty, either by recommending that others follow @frozenroyalty, or by tweeting a particular story on this web site (the tweet must also mention @frozenroyalty), entrants will receive one bonus entry in the contest.
- Twitter users must follow @frozenroyalty to be eligible for receive bonus entries.
- Twitter users must include their Twitter account name in their entry. Tweets posted by accounts that protect their tweets are not eligible (can’t verify the tweets).
- Scheduled/automated tweets will not be accepted for bonus entries.
- Facebook users can also earn a bonus entry for each time they recommend to their Facebook friends (by posting recommendations on their own Facebook wall) that they “like” Frozen Royalty’s Facebook page, https://www.facebook.com/FrozenRoyalty, or by sharing links to stories on this web site.
- Facebook users must already “Like” the Frozen Royalty page on Facebook, or they must do so PRIOR to the contest deadline. Entrants must also include the URL to their Facebook profile in their entry.
- Facebook posts will be verified. Any post that cannot be verified will not be eligible for a bonus entry.
Frozen Royalty Video via FrozenRoyaltyNHL on YouTube
©2013 FrozenRoyalty.net. All rights reserved.
NOTE: The following interviews with Kopitar, Penner and Sutter include bonus coverage only available from FrozenRoyaltyNHL on YouTube.
Interview With Dustin Brown via KingsVision On YouTube
Frozen Royalty by Gann Matsuda is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License. You may copy, distribute and/or transmit any story or audio content published on this site under the terms of this license, but only if proper attribution is indicated. The full name of the author and a link back to the original article on this site are required. Photographs, graphic images, and other content not specified are subject to additional restrictions. Additional information is available at: Frozen Royalty – Licensing and Copyright Information.