LOS ANGELES — Jeff Carter scored a power play goal at 15:21 of the second period, and in the shootout to lead the Los Angeles Kings to a come-from-behind, 3-2 victory over the Vancouver Canucks in front of a standing room only crowd of 18,344 fans at Staples Center in Los Angeles on January 28.
The Canucks took a 2-0 lead on a first period goal by Zack Kassian, and an early goal in the second period by Alexander Burrows.
Kings defenseman Slava Voynov tied the game with at 19:16 of the third period on a point shot through heavy traffic, with Kings goaltender Jonathan Quick off for the extra attacker.
Quick went all the way in goal for the Kings, making 21 saves. Roberto Luongo took the loss for the Canucks, stopping 26 shots.
- Carter now has goals in three straight games.
- Quick is now 29-15 lifetime in shootouts (stopping 114 of 159 shots. a .717 save percentage).
- The last time the Kings trailed by two goals in a game and won was October 25, 2010, at Minnesota (won 3-2 in shootout).
- The last time the Kings trailed after the second period and won was December 15, 2011, at Columbus (won 2-1).
- The last time the Kings scored with the goalie pulled was November 10, 2011 vs. Vancouver (Mike Richards).
- The Kings have now been 50 percent or better on face-offs in four of five games this season.
- The Kings are now 23-3-8 when Richards records a point (dating back to last season).
- Jarret Stoll had eight hits in the game.
- The Kings have now sold out 28 straight regular season games (December 3, 2011 to present).
- The Kings have now sold out 57 of their last 59 regular season games (January 15, 2011 to present).
Game Highlights From KingsVision
Raw Audio Interviews
(Extraneous material and dead air have been removed; click on the arrow to listen):
Anze Kopitar (1:44)
Jonathan Quick (1:29)
Simon Gagne (5:42; includes audio from Fox Sports West interview with Gagne and afterwards)
Darryl Sutter (3:55)
Frozen Royalty by Gann Matsuda is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License. You may copy, distribute and/or transmit any story or audio content published on this site under the terms of this license, but only if proper attribution is indicated. The full name of the author and a link back to the original article on this site are required. Photographs, graphic images, and other content not specified are subject to additional restrictions. Additional information is available at: Frozen Royalty – Licensing and Copyright Information.