LOS ANGELES — After a perfect road trip in which they earned a 4-0-0 record, and after a 13-3-4 record since the end of January, the Los Angeles Kings took a well-earned night off on March 17.
Apparently, they forgot that they were hosting the St. Louis Blues that night, dropping an embarrassing 4-0 loss, one in which they were never competitive…not even close.
- The Kings have earned a point in twenty of their last 24 games (16-4-4).
- The Kings have now killed 26 straight penalties, 54 of the last 58 penalties (93.1 percent) and 69 of the last 74 penalties (93.2 percent).
- The Kings have won forty games for the eighth time in their history, and is the first time the Kings have earned consecutive forty-win seasons.
- This season marks the fifth time in club history the Kings have won twenty games at home and on the road in the same season.
- 85 points through 71 games is tied for the fifth most in club history (with the 2001-02 club).
- Jonathan Quick is 11-4-1 in his last 16 games, and is the first Kings goalie with back-to-back thirty-win seasons.
Raw audio interviews
(Edited to remove extraneous material and dead air)
Dustin Brown (1:23)
Rob Scuderi (2:51)
Terry Murray (1:43)
Game Highlights From NHL Video On YouTube
Frozen Royalty by Gann Matsuda is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License. You may copy, distribute and/or transmit any story or audio content published on this site under the terms of this license, but only if proper attribution is indicated. The full name of the author and a link back to the original article on this site are required. Photographs, graphic images, and other content not specified are subject to additional restrictions. Additional information is available at: Frozen Royalty – Licensing and Copyright Information.