LOS ANGELES — The Los Angeles Kings displayed stronger defensive zone play on November 27 against the Chicago Blackhawks, but their free fall continued as they dropped a 2-1 decision to the defending Stanley Cup Champions in front of a packed house—18,118 fans at Staples Center in Los Angeles.
Patrick Sharp and Patrick Kane scored for the Blackhawks while Anze Kopitar scored the lone goals for the Kings, who have now lost six out of their last seven games.
The problem for the Kings was their sputtering offense, which failed to generate much of anything until some late flurries in the third period. But by the that time, the Kings had already spent too much time failing to get bodies in front of the Chicago net or shots on goal.
- The Kings remain the only NHL team not to have allowed a power play goal at home this season (38 times shorthanded).
- The Kings failed to get a lead in a game for just the seventh time in 22 games. It is only their second time in the last 13 games.
- The 8-2-0 record after ten home games is tied for the third best in club history. The 1992-93 club started 9-1-0 at home.
- Kopitar has points in eight of his last ten games, with five goals and seven assists for twelve points.
- Jack Johnson has 13 assists and 14 points (goal, 13 assists) in the last 16 games.
- Ryan Smyth has five points in the last seven games on three goals and two assists.
- The two teams combined for 62 hits, each with 31.
- Jarret Stoll won eleven of twelve face-offs in the game (91.7 percent).
- For just the second time in 22 games, Davis Drewiske did not block a shot.
- Matt Greene has 19 hits in the last four games.
Raw audio Interviews
(Edited to remove extraneous material and dead air)
Dustin Brown (2:06)
Anze Kopitar (1:22)
Terry Murray (7:02)
Game Highlights From NHL Video On YouTube
Frozen Royalty by Gann Matsuda is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License. You may copy, distribute and/or transmit any story or audio content published on this site under the terms of this license, but only if proper attribution is indicated. The full name of the author and a link back to the original article on this site are required. Photographs, graphic images, and other content not specified are subject to additional restrictions. Additional information is available at: Frozen Royalty – Licensing and Copyright Information.