Frozen Royalty Audio and Video: LA Kings Offense Sputters in 2-1 SO Loss To Nashville
February 1, 2013 Leave a comment
LOS ANGELES — Brandon Yip scored just 58 seconds into the game, and Sergei Kostitsyn was credited with the shootout game-winner to lead the Nashville Predators to a 2-1 shootout win over the Los Angeles Kings in front of a sell-out crowd of 18,118 fans at Staples Center on January 31.
Yip fired a wrist shot through traffic that appeared to catch Kings goaltender Jonathan Quick by surprise, perhaps due to a screen.
The Kings answered with a power play goal at 13:08 of the first period by Dustin Brown.
The Kings controlled the play in the first period, outshooting the Predators, 10-3. The Kings continued to play well defensively, limiting Nashville to just five shots in the second period, and three in the third.
But the Predators did a superb job in front of their own net, keeping the Kings on the outside for most of the game. Predators goaltender Pekka Rinne saw most of the Kings’ shots all the way.
- The Kings now have points in four straight games (2-0-2).
- The Kings are now 23-3-9 when Mike Richards records a point.
- The Kings allowed 14 shots in this game. The franchise record for fewest shots allowed in a game is 10 (January 11, 1994 at San Jose).
- The Kings are now 47-38 all-time in shootouts.
- The shootout in this game went eight rounds. The franchise record is ten rounds (February 11, 2010 vs. Edmonton).
- Quick is now 29-16 lifetime in shootouts.
- The Kings are now 7-2-1 in their last ten meetings vs. Nashville
- The Kings have now sold out 29 straight regular season games and 58 of the last 60 regular season games.
Raw Audio Interviews
(Extraneous material and dead air have been removed; click on the arrow to listen):
Dustin Brown (3:56)
Jarret Stoll (1:40)
Darryl Sutter (2:18)
Nashville Predators Head Coach Barry Trotz (5:51)
Game Highlights From KingsVision
Frozen Royalty by Gann Matsuda is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License. You may copy, distribute and/or transmit any story or audio content published on this site under the terms of this license, but only if proper attribution is indicated. The full name of the author and a link back to the original article on this site are required. Photographs, graphic images, and other content not specified are subject to additional restrictions. Additional information is available at: Frozen Royalty – Licensing and Copyright Information.