Frozen Royalty Audio: Exclusive Interviews with Bob Miller, Jim Fox, Nick Nickson and Daryl Evans
October 22, 2012 10 Comments
Over the past several weeks, Frozen Royalty has brought you the thoughts of each of the Los Angeles Kings’ long-time broadcasters, Daryl Evans, Jim Fox, Bob Miller, and Nick Nickson, focusing mostly on the Kings winning the Stanley Cup for the first time in their history last June, its impact, what it means to them, their thoughts on the current labor stoppage in the National Hockey League, and more.
You can listen to the raw audio from each of those exclusive interviews by clicking on the arrows below.
Raw Audio Interviews
(Extraneous material, dead air and remarks made off the record have been removed)
Daryl Evans (48:52; you will hear Evans’ mobile phone, set to vibrate, a few times)
Jim Fox (51:37)
Bob Miller – Part 1 (58:45; NOTE: Miller opens with a joke and a humorous story; background noise present includes wall clock chimes, phone ringing, vacuum cleaner, painters working)
Bob Miller – Part 2 (1:10:29; background noise present includes wall clock chimes, phone ringing, vacuum cleaner, painters working)
Nick Nickson (59:20; telephone interview)
In case you missed any of the stories in this series, you can read them here:
- LA Kings Lifted The City Over Their Heads – Broadcaster Daryl Evans Talks Stanley Cup, Its Impact
- Stanley Cup Win Allays LA Kings’ Hall of Fame Announcer Bob Miller’s Greatest Fear
- LA Kings’ Jim Fox: “Winning The Stanley Cup Overwhelms Everything Else”
- LA Kings Radio Broadcaster Nick Nickson: “Hey! We’re The Stanley Cup Champions! How Good Is That?”
- LA Kings Broadcasters On The Lockout: “Get It Done. Let’s Start Playing”
- Bob Miller And Nick Nickson: 2012 Playoff Expectations Started Low For LA Kings, But Quickly Skyrocketed
- Jim Fox, Daryl Evans Not Surprised By LA Kings 2012 Playoff Success
- LA Kings Broadcasters Examine The Roles Of Dean Lombardi, Darryl Sutter In Stanley Cup Win
- Los Angeles Kings Broadcasters: Anze Kopitar Is Now An Elite Player
- Professionalism And Pain: Bob Miller, Jim Fox Forced To Be Healthy Scratches During Most Of LA Kings Playoff Run
- Stanley Cup Win Moves LA Kings Hall Of Fame Broadcaster Bob Miller Closer To Retirement
Frozen Royalty by Gann Matsuda is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License. You may copy, distribute and/or transmit any story or audio content published on this site under the terms of this license, but only if proper attribution is indicated. The full name of the author and a link back to the original article on this site are required. Photographs, graphic images, and other content not specified are subject to additional restrictions. Additional information is available at: Frozen Royalty – Licensing and Copyright Information.