Frozen Royalty Audio: LA Kings Keep Pace In The West With 5-2 Win Over Detroit
March 14, 2012 Leave a comment
POST-GAME INTERVIEWS: Audio from post-game scrum interviews from the Los Angeles Kings dressing room with Dustin Brown, Drew Doughty, Matt Greene, and head coach Darryl Sutter following their 5-2 win over the Detroit Red Wings.
LOS ANGELES — Justin Williams, Anze Kopitar, Drew Doughty, Slava Voynov and Jeff Carter scored goals, while Jonathan Quick made 22 saves to lead the Los Angeles Kings to a 5-2 victory over the undermanned, but still dangerous Detroit Red Wings in front of a sell-out crowd of 18,118 fans at Staples Center in Los Angeles on Tuesday night.
Williams, Kopitar, Doughty, and Carter had multi-point games, with a goal and an assist each, while right wing Dustin Brown tallied two assists.
The Red Wings got goaltender Jimmy Howard back in the lineup (groin injury), but were still missing the likes of Todd Bertuzzi, Pavel Datsyuk, Nicklas Lidstrom, all out of the lineup due to injury.
Jiri Hudler and Johan Franzen scored for the Red Wings.
With the win, the Kings are 6-3-0 in their last nine games, and have won five out of their last seven. The win also moves them into tenth place in the Western Conference, tied in points (78) with eighth place San Jose, ninth place Calgary, and 11th place Colorado.
- The Kings have outscored their opponents, 29-19. in their last nine games. They are also 6/20 on the power play (30.0 percent) during that span.
- The Kings have killed 32 straight penalties (dating back to February 22 at Colorado). The Kings killed 42 straight penalties from December 17, 2011 to January 12, 2012.
- The Kings are now 21-1-2 when scoring three or more goals in a game.
- The Kings are 82-0-6 in their last 88 games when leading after two periods (24-0-3 this season).
- Brown now has points in nine straight games (five goals, nine assists for 14 points), tying a career-high. He also had a nine-game streak in 2007-08. Brown also has assists (six) in five straight games.
- Carter now has seven points in nine games with the Kings (five goals, two assists).
- Kopitar has nine points in the last eight games on four goals and five assists.
- Williams has nine points in the last eight games on five goals and four assists.
- Dwight King has six points in the last seven games (two goals, four assists).
- Voynov has five points in the last seven games on two goals and three assists.
Raw Audio Interviews
(Extraneous material and dead air have been removed)
Dustin Brown (2:44)
Drew Doughty (0:46)
Matt Greene (1:22)
Darryl Sutter (3:39)
Game Highlights From NHL Video On YouTube
Tickets for the Kings’ upcoming home games against the Nashville Predators (March 17, 7:30 PM – Predators vs. Kings), the San Jose Sharks (March 17, 7:30 PM – Sharks vs. Kings) as well as for other games on their schedule, are available from Barry’s Tickets, an official partner of the Los Angeles Kings. Use the code, “Royalty010” to get a 10 percent discount on their “Best Value” tickets.
Frozen Royalty by Gann Matsuda is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License. You may copy, distribute and/or transmit any story or audio content published on this site under the terms of this license, but only if proper attribution is indicated. The full name of the author and a link back to the original article on this site are required. Photographs, graphic images, and other content not specified are subject to additional restrictions. Additional information is available at: Frozen Royalty – Licensing and Copyright Information.