Frozen Royalty Audio and NHL Video: LA Kings Drop 2-1 OT Loss To Anaheim
March 20, 2011 Leave a comment
LOS ANGELES — Despite putting in a solid performance that was a far cry from when they failed to show up in an embarrassing 4-0 loss to the St. Louis Blues on March 17, the Los Angeles Kings lost another game at home, this time, a 2-1 overtime loss to the Anaheim Ducks at Staples Center in Los Angeles on March 19.
Corey Perry scored at 1:32 of the overtime period, firing a blast from the right face-off dot off the rush for the game-winner.
- The Kings have now earned at least a point in 21 of their last 25 games (16-4-5).
- The Kings have now killed 29 straight penalties. The club record is 46 set in 2001-02. The Kings have also killed 72 of their last 77 penalties (93.5 percent).
- The Kings have 86 points in 72 games, fifth most in club history.
- Alexei Ponikarovsky now has five points in the last six games (one goal, four assists).
- Jack Johnson played in his 100th straight game tonight (streak started January 31, 2010).
- Dustin Brown is now four points shy of 300 in his NHL career.
- Jarret Stoll won 11 of 15 face-offs. He is 65/96 on face-offs the last seven games (67.7 percent).
- Jonathan Quick is 11-4-2 in his last 17 games.
- The Kings have now allowed fewer than thirty shots in 49 of 72 games this season.
Raw audio interviews
(Edited to remove extraneous material and dead air)
Willie Mitchell (3:12)
Alexei Ponikarovsky (4:41)
Terry Murray (4:05)
Game Highlights From NHL Video On YouTube
Frozen Royalty by Gann Matsuda is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License. You may copy, distribute and/or transmit any story or audio content published on this site under the terms of this license, but only if proper attribution is indicated. The full name of the author and a link back to the original article on this site are required. Photographs, graphic images, and other content not specified are subject to additional restrictions. Additional information is available at: Frozen Royalty – Licensing and Copyright Information.