Frozen Royalty Audio And NHL Video: LA Kings Continue Downward Spiral Against Toronto
January 11, 2011 4 Comments
POST-GAME: Includes audio of National Hockey League Commissioner Gary Bettman’s press conference during the first intermission.
LOS ANGELES — If you have ever read the directions on a shampoo bottle you might see the phrase, “wash, rinse, repeat.”
That phrase comes to mind after watching the Los Angeles Kings get off to a solid start against the lowly Toronto Maple Leafs on December 10 at Staples Center, only to come out flat in the second and third periods, dropping a 3-2 decision.
The Kings have now lost six of their last seven games, all with the Kings putting in an uneven effort. To make matters worse, they have completely blown a golden opportunity to give themselves some insurance before a brutal February schedule that will see them play ten straight games away from Staples Center.
National Hockey League Commissioner Gary Bettman was at the game, and met with the media during the first intermission.
- Ryan Smyth now has nine points in the last seven games on six goals and three assists.
- Michal Handzus has three points in the last two games on a goal and two assists.
- Jarret Stoll has four points in the last three games on three goals and an assist.
- Alec Martinez has points (two assists) in back-to-back games for the first time in his career.
- Drew Doughty’s next game will be the 200th in his career.
- Dustin Brown had eight hits in the game, while Wayne Simmonds had five.
- The Kings had 17 shots in the third period, their season-high in a period.
- The Kings allowed a season-low one power play attempt in the game.
Raw post-game audio interviews
(Edited to remove extraneous material and dead air)
NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman’s Press Conference (12:16)
Dustin Brown (3:10)
Matt Greene (1:53)
Terry Murray (6:17)
Game Highlights From NHL Video On YouTube
Frozen Royalty by Gann Matsuda is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License. You may copy, distribute and/or transmit any story or audio content published on this site under the terms of this license, but only if proper attribution is indicated. The full name of the author and a link back to the original article on this site are required. Photographs, graphic images, and other content not specified are subject to additional restrictions. Additional information is available at: Frozen Royalty – Licensing and Copyright Information.