Frozen Royalty Audio And NHL Video: LA Kings Score Four In Second Period To Roast Ducks, 4-1
December 27, 2010 1 Comment
LOS ANGELES — Wayne Simmonds, Anze Kopitar, Justin Williams and Dustin Brown all scored in the second period to lead the Los Angeles Kings to a decisive 4-1 victory over the Anaheim Ducks in front of an announced standing room only crowd of 18,313 fans at Staples Center in Los Angeles on December 26.
Matt Beleskey also scored in the second period, the lone goal for the Ducks.
Jonathan Bernier got the start in goal for the Kings. making 18 saves.
Jonas Hiller started in goal for Anaheim, allowing four goals on 23 shots. He was replaced by Curtis McEilhinny after Brown scored at 17:57 of the second period.
- The Kings are now 13-2-1 at home this season, tying the franchise record for the best home record after 16 games. The 1992-93 club was also 13-2-1.
- The Kings’ points after 34 games is tied for the fifth most in club history. The 1988-89 club was also 21-12-1.
- The Kings are 8-2-1 in December.
- The Kings have scored 28 goals in the last seven games (not counting the game-winning shootout goal on December 23vs. Edmonton).
- The Kings have scored a power play goal in eight of their last nine games (7/23 in the last seven games, a 30.4 percent rating).
- The Kings have killed 13 of the last 14 penalties.
- The Kings are in the midst of playing four games in five nights. The last time that happened was during the 1994-95 lockout shortened season.
- Bernier has stopped 47 of 49 shots during his last two starts, including the December 18 game at Nashville.
- With a goal and an assist, Brown has 17 points in the last eleven games on five goals and twelve assists. He has six multi-point gaes during that span.
- Jack Johnson has 19 assists and 22 points in the last 28 games (three goals, 19 assists). He also has 14 power-play assists this season.
- Simmonds has seven points in the last seven games on four goals and three assists. He also has a +6 plus/minus rating in that span.
- Marco Sturm earned his first point with the Kings assisting on Kopitar’s second period goal.
- Kopitar has 14 points in the last 11 games on seven goals and seven assists.
- Williams has points in 26 of 34 games this season on 14 goals and 17 assists for 31 points.
- With an assist on Brown’s goal, Doughty has nine points in the last seven games (one goal, eight assists).
Raw post-game audio interviews
(Edited to remove extraneous material and dead air)
Jonathan Bernier (2:20)
Anze Kopitar (4:16)
Terry Murray (5:03)
Game Highlights From NHL Video On YouTube
Frozen Royalty by Gann Matsuda is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License. You may copy, distribute and/or transmit any story or audio content published on this site under the terms of this license, but only if proper attribution is indicated. The full name of the author and a link back to the original article on this site are required. Photographs, graphic images, and other content not specified are subject to additional restrictions. Additional information is available at: Frozen Royalty – Licensing and Copyright Information.